I was so surprise and excited when Samantha Murdoch of samanthamurdochblog told me she had nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award, ‘cos I didn’t see it coming one bit! I’m so glad and grateful Samantha, for believing in me and my blog enough to have considered me worthy of nomination for this award. Please people, take some time out to visit Samantha’s blog. Trust me; it’s insightful, real and different from the regular stuff. You’ll be glad you did 🙂 .
For those who’re wondering; “so what’s this all about?”, well the Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by fellow bloggers. It is given to “bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
Here are the rules to accepting the Sunshine Award:
Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
Here are the questions Samantha asked me:
1) What is your first childhood memory?
Holding my plate close to the tv screen during an “indomie noodle” advert showing a woman serving cooked steaming noodles. *LOL*
2) What is your favorite film?
So far to the best of my memory, FURY.
3) What was your first ever pet?
Ummm…Never had one.
4) What is your favorite flower?
Red roses are “it” for me.
5) If you could solve one world problem, what would it be and why?
Reducing to the barest minimum the number of children who die daily due to mal-nutrition, hunger and starvation.
Why? It hurts me deep to my soul when I see children dying from alimentary conditions which they had no power over. The parents of these kids if given a choice other than poverty would never allow their children die. What step am I taking in my own little way towards this? I’m presently on the lookout for a decent humanitarian agency in my country (Nigeria) which I can make donations to, for the supply of relief materials to areas where people can barely afford half a meal a day.
6) What was your best ever holiday?
That was certainly my first holiday from boarding school in 7th grade (my mum cried when she saw me. *Yea, I looked that terrible* hehehee).
7) As it’s the Sunshine Award… sunshine or rain?
Sunshine. Regardless of the heat, at least I’ll still be able to go anywhere I want freely without having to worry about my hair or shoes getting wet, even with an umbrella over my head.
8) What is your favorite perfume/aftershave?
My favorite perfume – 5th Avenue, by Elizabeth Arden
9) What book are you reading at the moment?
Why You Act The Way You Do, by Tim LaHaye. I’m half way through chapter 4. 🙂
10) What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a medical doctor, but when I got into high school and had a fore-taste of physics, chemistry and biology, I realized I wasn’t wired for the sciences at all!
11) Forest or desert?
Hmmm… Now this is dicey. Forest=wild animals, desert=dehydration. I think I’ll go for desert. At least there’s a higher chance of survival there than in a forest which is home to wild animals of all sorts.
Now MY NOMINEES.
Over my blog-surfing time, I’ve come across lots of great blogs with exceptional content which I admire. But since the Sunshine Blogger Award requires I nominate only eleven blogs, here’s a list of my nominees (in no preferential order):
- Lifexperimentblog by Mliae
- Africanismcosmopolitan by Tosin
- TegaEnai’s Blog by Tega
- CassieDaves’ Blog by Cassandra
- MyDailyMusing by Lafayetteangel
- TheCrazyNigerian by Anthony
- FabAndBloom by Zubbie
- ThatIgboChick by Dimma
- InspiredLives by Lora
- GalMeetsGlam by Julia
- CurlsPopping by Afolake
So darlings, here are my questions to you:
- What was your number one inspiration for starting a blog?
- What was your favorite snack as a kid?
- Heels or Flats; which do you prefer and why?
- What’s the one thing you’re sure you will never do?
- Asides blogging, what else are you passionate about?
- What’s your favorite literary genre and why?
- If it were your last day on earth, what would be your final wish?
- How many countries have you visited in your entire life?
- Long or Short hair; which is your thing?
- Vegan or Non?
- Describe yourself in three words.
There’s no obligation to accepting this award. It’s simply a nice way to show recognition to other bloggers who you genuinely admire and whose works you appreciate. I’ll be glad if you did though ‘cos you sure deserve it. But even if you don’t, we’re cool anyway 🙂
If you’re reading this and you feel there are other bloggers you know who also deserve this award, kindly mention them in the comments section; just in case there’s someone in search of deserving nominees for his/her award post.
Thanks for stopping-by 🙂 . Have a beautiful day!